Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Johnnie S Willis Jr
Dr. Johnnie S Willis Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fountain Hill, PA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Willis is affiliated with St Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus. Dr. Willis has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Johnnie S Willis Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Johnnie S Willis Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
Dr. Johnnie S Willis Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I was a little leary about going to a male doctor for my pregnancy. But if it wasn't for St.Luke's Perinatal and Dr. Willis we wouldn't have our son. At 20 weeks Dr. Willis had to put a cerclage in in order for my son to stay viable. Then at 26 weeks and 5 days I went into labor. I had to have an emergency C-section in order to give our son a chance at life. He was born weighing 2lbs. 1oz. He was dubbed the "Barbados Baby" by Dr. Willis(he was due to go on vacation the morning he put my cerclage in). Our son is alive today thanks to Dr. Willis. I will forever be indebted to him and perinatal and the amazing work they did together to make our miracle a reality.
Dr Willis saw me through the pregnancy & delivery of my 1st child. It was fine. He is short (in height, but here I'm referring to his communication style). He is direct. I recently experienced an ectopic pregnancy. His office staff was rude- I was adamant & felt forceful just to get Dr. Willis to give me a call about my concern. When Dr. Willis called me, he said my symptoms were normal & every pregnancy is different. It was a Friday, & he asked that I call him on the following Monday if I still felt the symptoms. I disregarded Dr. Willis's advice, headed straight to the ER, received emergency surgery & am happy to be alive to tell the story. My ectopic pregnancy was a text book case. I'm glad I thought to go to the ER & shocked that Dr. Willis didn't tell me to go to the ER if I felt concerned. You won't see me at Dr. Willis's practice ever again.
My wife and I have had three girls all born by Dr. Willis. All 3 were C-sections. The first an emergency C-section. We were absolutely blessed to have him. With my first child when things started going wrong, he knew what to do and was amazingly proficient. I owe that man the life of my daughter and wife. And 8 years later I am still grateful.
Dr. willis has being my doctor for about fifteen years and has delivered three of my four kids. Because of my medical history my pregnancies are consired high risk and I always felt safe under his care, He really takes his time to show me He cares. He really is a wonderful doctor to have and I always make sure that my future appoiments are schedule with him not that I don't trust the other doctor in his practice but in my opinion He is the best.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Willis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Johnnie S Willis Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon POS
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWomans Place Ob/Gyn, 685 Delaware Ave, Fountain Hill, PA
Dr. Johnnie S Willis Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fountain Hill, PA.