Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Johnny A Liquete has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Weight Loss
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Infections
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
He is by far the rudest doctor I have ever encountered. He was assigned to me after my c section developed into a septic infection. He would regularly be rude, yell, and call me crazy and stupid. He even called another doctor of mine to tell him I was crazy, loudy, where all of the staff and other patients could hear. His bheavier was so awfuk, his Nurse Practitioner kept apologizing for him when he was out of the room. This was 10 years ago. I nearly died with all the medical papers to prove it, yet he was convinced I was faking it or crazy. Ihaving staph, an infected c section, infected blood, and a blood clot with high fevers and weight loss is not fake. I will never forget him as the worst doctor I have ever come across.
Linda, Dr Liquete's front office assistant who also does BPs and vitals, is one of the most rude and uncaring PERSONS (not medical professionals only) I've ever encountered. She makes getting an appointment nearly impossible and will never work with you to get you in around the indigenous persons that populate the office. Maybe if I spoke Spanish it would be better as she clearly prefers her fellow Hispanic customers. She has no "shame" about saying "no" and simply seems to enjoy her perceived position of power. Once you get past her, the hour long wait between the waiting room and waiting on the doctor in the room, Dr Liquete is a competent doctor whose only weakness might be his discernment in hiring his assistant. No matter how good he is, Linda makes it not worth taking your patronage here. Dr Liquete - fire Linda and let her take her controlling, overbearing personality to the unemployment line where she might learn some good life lessons.
i developed a bone infection requiring several months of IV antibiotics. Fortunately these could be administered at home through the use of a portable pump. I was started on two medications, but within a few days i started developing a reaction to one of them, which began escalating with each use. Finally, on a day before a 3-day holiday i was at physical therapy when i began to develop what was now a pretty severe reaction. My friend had to drive me home, and by the time i got there i had a fever of 104 degrees. fortunately my friend was a nurse and quickly packed me in ice packs, gave aspirin, etc. (i chose not to go to the ER because i knew they would basically do the same thing.)i called Liquete's office, but it was closed for the holiday. On the following Monday i again called the office and attempted to explain what had happened. the girl who answered the phone kept telling me to go to the ER. i repeated that the symptoms had occurred 3 days ago, i had stopped taking that particular med, and i was just calling to inform the doctor of what happened and find out if he wanted to substitute another medication. I kept being told to the ER. I asked if Liquete was going to meet me there? no. then why were they insisting i go when the symptoms had occurred three days ago? I just kept getting the same answer, as if i were talking to a robot. I said i wasn't going to go and ended the call. Imagine my surprise when two days later i received a letter from Liquete saying that he was no longer going to treat me as i was 'non-compliant.'! He referred me to no other doctor, and in fact there were no other infectious disease specialists in my area. I ended up going to UCLA, 50 miles away just to have someone oversee my treatment.As a postscript: i was recently in the hospital and dr. liquete was assigned to be my infectious disease specialist. After i told him about our previous interaction i told him he was fired and to get out of my room. He mumbled something and stomped out. I have to say i enjoyed the experience immensely.
36 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1982
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Johnny A Liquete accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare OAMC CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohnny Ang Liquete Md, 14114 Business Center Dr Ste D, Moreno Valley, CA
Dr. Johnny A Liquete is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Moreno Valley, CA.