Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Johnny L Serrano has the following 1 specialty
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 20
So reading the reviews on here upset me. All complaints being listed have nothing to do with the quality of your care. Dr. Serrano performed a surgery on me n 2010, surgery that should have left significant scarring, which is in a place highly visible. Everyone of my drs who I see mentions my surgery scar....its beautiful. I have to point it out because no one can even tell its there. Everyone of them are now referring patients to him. Plus I rave about him and sending my husband to him for a surgery. Now I will admit, he does lack in the bedside manner but your not seeing a surgeon to be your primary physician. He's there to cut into you, and if he does it well who cares. I will continue to recommend him.
I was sent to this office by my primary care Dr. The Dr and the office staff are rude and do not care about your safety!!! After calling to pay a bill I received a receipt in the mail and was outraged!! All of my personal information from my credit card was written out and listed. Including the v-code from the back of my card. This information should NEVER be printed out. I called the office to voice my concern and was pretty much told " I'm sorry you don't like the way we handle things." I will be filing a complaint with my insurance company first thing tomorrow.
I apologize for your dilemma and have notified the billing company of your issue. We have an outside billing company that handles all of our collections. I don't see how issues with your bill correlate with compromising your safety? I doubt that the doctor and staff were both rude you. Why would it be in our interest to give you a foul experience. I apologize for your experience and impression.
Feeling bad right before surgery, shortness of breath and not much was done to make me feel better, except for putting me to sleep. Immediately, after coming out of the OR I was in excruciating pain. They gave me a pill for the pain and I had pain and difficulty swallowing it and didn't help with the pain. Finally they gave some Morphine Thank God it help. A few minutes later after the pain was in control thanks to the morphine another person was coming out of the OR screaming in horrible pain just like I was at that moment. It was a very "traumatic experience." I know several people that had this type of surgery including my wife and nobody had ever complain of such agonizing pain. In addition I had other surgeries, including one on my back to fuse some discs, and had never experience this problem. I talked to Dr Serrano and all he said: "It is normal." And immediately moved on to a different conversation. It's NOT Normal to be in agonizing pain immediately after surgery...
Some degree of pain is expected and "is" normal immediately post surgery. Pain relating to abdominal surgery can not be correlated to other surgeries, such as back surgery. Your pain threshold may be different than others. It also depends on what medication was given to you by the anesthesiologist. I depends on your degree of gallbladder pathology. I depends on the amount of pain meds you take prior to surgery.
23 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Johnny L Serrano accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPrecision Surgery Inc, 5310 W Thunderbird Rd Ste 102, Glendale, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Johnny L Serrano in this video.
Dr. Johnny L Serrano is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.