Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jolly Mathew has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jolly Mathew has the following 7 expertise
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
Showing 5 of 20
I can't say enough about Dr. Mathew and his staff. He's extremely patient, listens, has an excellent bedside manner and he really knows his stuff. It's refreshing to see a doctor that addresses all of your concerns and thinks out-of-the-box. Best of all, I never feel rushed. His staff is always warm and friendly and very accommodating.
Went to Dr Mathew because my own kidney doctor recommended him for further management of my problem. We were so anxious about the diagnosis I brought to that office. My wife and I were so amazed at the gracefulness and compassion this man has. He has such a depth of knowledge of medicine and other things that we left his office so relaxed and fully educated about my issues. He also sensed his deep spirituality when he was talking to us about unexpected events in life. His office staff is also unlike any we have seen anywhere. Carla is such a courteous person that she makes sure that you really felt at home. The other two people whom we saw in the office were also nice. Can't think of their names. Overall, the best doctor experience in my life.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
39 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Lincoln Medical And Mental Health Center
Dr. Jolly Mathew accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNephrology And Hypertension Specialists Of Westchester Pc, 970 N Broadway Ste 311, Yonkers, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jolly Mathew in this video.
Dr. Jolly Mathew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yonkers, NY.