Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jon P Aagaard
Dr. Jon P Aagaard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wheaton, IL, with another office in Wheaton, IL. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Aagaard is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital. Dr. Aagaard has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jon P Aagaard has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Preventive Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Aagaard has provided our family with the best care we could ask/pay for. Example: Our two year old son was sick with a high fever so we called Dr. Aagaard at about 7pm with some concerns. Dr. Aagaard met us at his office (which was closed) that same night, checked out our son and followed up with us the days following as our sone continued to improve. Example 2: I spent over $2,000 on tests from previous doctors and came up with no answers. Dr. Aagaard solved the problem with one additional test and was very thorough in his explanation. The retainer is MORE than worth it.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Aagaard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine At Rockford
Dr. Jon P Aagaard accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jon P Aagaard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wheaton, IL.