Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jon W Ahlstrom has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I recently found out I am expecting my first baby!!! After taking 3....yes, 3 tests, I didn't know what to do; I had no idea what my next step should be. I am not originally from Logan, but their office was very easy to find on a whim! I walked inside of the clinic, still in shock, and was greeted by two smiling faces. I told them what was going on and was helped immediately. The girl at the front desk asked if I had an appointment; in which I told her I didn't. They were very sweet and told me they would do everything they could to lead me in the right direction! I sat in the waiting room no more than 5 minutes and a lady took me to the back. The front desk girl told her my story, so the lady could converse with me so much easier. She took me to the back and felt my tummy, took my vitals and explained what steps she was wanting to take. I smiled and happily agreed. At this point, it was about 6 pm....closing time for the clinic. No one batted an eye at me. Every employee was so gracious and willing to stay late to help out. Dr. Ahlstrom entered the room with a very welcoming face and told me he would like to skip the blood test that I had considered...that's right, the 3 positives were NOT enough! We proceeded with the ultrasound. I HEARD MY BABY'S HEARTBEAT!!!!!!! Dr. Ahlstrom was wonderful. I told him about 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Adnomyosis and was told I would never have kids. He addressed my concerns, answered all of my questions, and seemed just as excited as I was. For any first time moms....or even you luck ladies who are carrying your 2nd, 3rd, maybe even 7th baby, I would totally recommend a visit to Dr. Ahlstrom's clinic. I have never felt so at ease with something so foreign to me!!!!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1991
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Jon W Ahlstrom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Peak Advantage - UT
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJon W Ahlstrom Md, 550 E 1400 N Ste 1, Logan, UT
Dr. Jon W Ahlstrom is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Logan, UT.