Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jon E Derksen has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Derksen has been a godsend for me. Since I was diagnosed with prostate cancer the entire group has been there for me. Many time Dr. Derksen and his staff have gone above and beyond to work with me to control my cancer and the issues that come along with the cancer. I am very glad I have them in my corner during my ccancer fight
I have never written a review of a doctor before, but my visit with this man was such a horrible experience, I wanted to warn others. He may have the brains for urology, but I found him alarming, scolding and generally unkind. The difference between him and the urologist I switched to is like night and day. Take my advice and go elsewhere. The front office staff leaves much to be desired in people skills.
Dr. Derksen is a competent urologist; however, his bedside manner leaves much to be desired. He does not seem to feel much empathy for the pain his patients suffer as he pulls uretreal stents out of their bodies with no anesthetic or even numbing gel. He seems to think that having a cystoscope shoved up one's urethra is a pleasent way to spend an afternoon. He did a good job on my surgery but I will be looking elsewhere if I ever need another procedure done.
I don't under stand the other reviews on Dr. Derksen this wonderful man. let me tell you what he did for me. I had a kidney stone that was stuck in my ureter. This wonderful man knowing I was going to have a hard time paying for his help jumped into action, set up surgery in lighting fast speed and saved my life. Then and only after was he or his staff worried about payment.
18 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Jon E Derksen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Kaiser Permanente
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUrological Associates, 1644 Medical Center Pt Ste 200, Colorado Springs, CO
Dr. Jon E Derksen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.