Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jon H Docherty Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 12
Wonderful Doctor he is worth the 130 miles I travel for 1 direction, because i found no other Rheumatololist like him in Loris, Myrtle Beach, Conway, I found him in Florence but when he moved to Sumpter I told him he could keep me where I could get up & down w/o help from my family because I was only 40 at the time this happened. Wonder experience with him for the past 3 years
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Docherty is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Southside Medical Center
Dr. Jon H Docherty Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPee Dee Internal Medicine, 1594 Freedom Blvd Ste 100, Florence, SC
Dr. Jon H Docherty Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, SC.