Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jon G Ellison has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Ellison has put the life and well being of one patient in particular in danger. He refused to fill the patients monthly 2 mg 3x per day xanax. The patient had been prescribed the dosage for years. Without explanation he refused to fill them again. The office did not inform the patient that after several attempts to get an explanation by phone he gave after hours operators instructions not to page him for said patient. The operator became rude, cutting the patient off several times then eventually hung up on patient. Xanax has very dangerous withdrawal symptoms. He offered no other option than cold turkey with no Dr. Supervision. Action like these taken by Dr. Ellison are both medically irresponsible and potentially fatal to the patient. What can be done? Write a review? File a complaint? None of these options will help this patient get through withdrawal.
Dr. Ellison is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Jon G Ellison accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHuntingburg Clinic, 407 E 22nd St, Huntingburg, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jon G Ellison in this video.
Dr. Jon G Ellison is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntingburg, IN.