Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jon B Gardner has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jon B Gardner has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jon B Gardner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
It is difficult to get an appointment. You can wait six months for a routine exam. But he really is an excellent physician. Very patient. Asks a lot of questions - doesn't just jump to giving a pill, but thinks through issues and helps me understand what's going on. I didn't particularly like the answer, but think he is probably right. Has a laid back manner and is not intense in his style. He actually will smile as he talks to you. Highly recommend. I selected this physician because of his education. Glad I did.
I was with the other major medical group in Walla Walla and I was getting tired of the wait and see diagnosis that I received EVERY TIME!!! Out of pure unadulterated luck I was able to fill the only new patient slot Gardner had suddenly open. (This guy is booked for years!) I remember the hospital receptionist sounding dumbfounded when she saw he had room for a new patient. She actually said "Wow, you are getting the best in town and you are really lucky you called today." I went in for a physical and to give him an overview of my unresolved complaints that I had with my former doctor. I went out of there with all the answers I was looking for. He ran tests that my other doctor was not willing to do and he referred me to physical therapy for my long time neck pain. I am now completely healthy and grateful that I was able to get Dr. Gardner who is hands down the best doctor in the area. I feel I should mention however that my only complaint is that he is so booked solid in advance that it is often a month wait to see him. Sudden sickness is not going to be easy to have dealt with in this case but well worth the wait for other complaints!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gardner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Riverside County Regional Medical Center
Dr. Jon B Gardner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Moda Health Summit
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Medical Group Occupational Health And Urgent Care, 380 Chase Ave, Walla Walla, WA
Dr. Jon B Gardner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Walla Walla, WA.