Dr. Jon Heist Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jon Heist?

Posted on June 6th, 2016

They have two avenues of communication: calling them during a narrow slot where they are available (a fraction of the time they are in the office--and they have no answering service), or go directly to them just to schedule an appointment. They force you to do so just to get refills for the most basic allergy medication and leave you on hold for 30+ mins or in the waiting room for 45+ mins and THEN in the patient room for 45+ mins. I asked about a vaccine for anal warts and the nurse practitioner told me there was no vaccine which I now know is not true after catching and needing surgery for a severe HPV outbreak. They deserve to be shut down.

Love my Doc! Appts are just too hard to make.

Posted on April 20th, 2016

LOVE this Doc but appts are a BEAR to make

Posted on April 20th, 2016

I LOVE Dr. Heist! He's great. He cracks me up, but if you don't get his sense of humor you might think he's goofy. He's a caring man & I'm so glad that I found him. He's always right on the nose with his diagnosis and isn't afraid to try something new. I've recommended friends to him and they too have success. I like the women in the office, they are usually friendly but sometimes don't seem to really have that desire to be helpful. The only reason I am not giving the office 5 stars is they are IMPOSSIBLE to reach. They don't answer the phone during a 1hr lunch, daily, or before closing (even up to 2hrs before closing). So that 9 - 2 is really 9 - 12 (lunch, remember). So, if you don't catch them at the PERFECT time of day you are out of luck! There is no way to leave a message, either.

Caring Doctor

Posted on June 27th, 2012

DR Heist is a very caring Doctor.I feel like the Doctor and office staff are family.He really takes the time with his patients,Especially his elderly patients. My Mom is one of those elderly patients,And they take good care of her.(Doctor & Office staff)The wait is long at times,But it is worth the wait.

Doc is worth the wait. Has assistant that can see you without a wait

Posted on January 28th, 2012

The doc does get backed up,but if I see him early in the AM I can see him fairly quickly. The secret in avoiding the wait is to be one of the 1st patients of his AM or his PM shift. If the wait is a big issue he has a very good assistant you can see quickly. She is also friendly and quite competent. I love this office. The staff is friendly,I know how to avoid a wait,and if I am seeing his associate I know she will have the doc come in to see me if I ask. Dr. Heist and his associate spend as much time with me as I need. That's hard to find today and is priceless.

Posted on November 16th, 2011

I've been seeing the Doc ever since he took he took over for Dr. Fruchtman. Bring something to read or play a game on your phone because you will wait and that really stinks when you are SICK. Maybe if the staff were a little more attentive when they see the patients becoming restless it could be easier to take - but I wont change because when the doctor sits with you it is all about you and he wont rush you. That's why he gets backed up... He listens and believes you and wants you to understand him too. He is truely a little town family doctor. I think he's the very best!!! Please dont call for an appointment! I dont want to share!

Worth the Wait

Posted on November 16th, 2011

I've been seeing the Doc ever since he took he took over for Dr. Fruchtman. Bring your patience and something to read or play a game on your pho ...

Caring Guy

Posted on August 4th, 2011

Dr.Heist in my opinion is a dedicated caring physicians. He will give you the time necessary to understand your problem and have opinions for care to resolve. Most physicians today are more concerned with quantity rather than quality of care. Jon cares. As far as waiting time, its terrible. You will wait so I suggest if you don't have the time to wait see an express physician.

Unprofessional

Posted on March 1st, 2010

I have had issues with punctuality at this office but not until recently had I had enough. My daughter was recently hospitalized and was referred to her primary care physician. She had an appointment for 12:30 and finally had had enough at 2:30. Some of the front office staff is inattentive and she then requested a refund of the co-pay. It's terrible that they often run late seeing their patients and cannot communicate to patients waiting to be seen or scheduled for an appointment. I'm assuming that too many appointments are scheduled which causes this problem. If that is the case, the staff should be considerate enough in proactively communicating these delays to patients which are waiting and/or those with later appointments. I strongly recommend against becoming a patient of this office. I will be sure to communicate this on as many sites as possible to prevent others from suffering this treatment.

the wait is worth it

Posted on January 6th, 2010

I was looking through at the review for Dr. Heist's office and do agree the wait can sometimes be annoying but boy it sure is worth it. Dr. Heist takes so much time with me during my visits it is no wonder he falls behind. He is really good at explaining what is wrong with me and any procedure I might get done (I've had some moles taken off and some weird looking spots on my skin). The office staff is very friendly.

No sense of customer service

Posted on December 29th, 2009