Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jon Maher
Dr. Jon Maher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Decorah, IA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Maher is affiliated with Winneshiek Medical Center, Hancock County Memorial Hospital and Ellsworth Municipal Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jon Maher has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Jon Maher is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Terrible bedside manners, several misdiagnosed serious medical conditions in my family alone. He may be a good baby doctor but should NOT be used for urgent care or ER visits. Does not refer to a patients past medical records even when he has easy access to them. Does not listen to what the patient says. PATIENT BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Maher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Winneshiek Medical Center
Hancock County Memorial Hospital
Ellsworth Municipal Hospital
Kossuth Regional Health Center
Central Community Hospital
Regional Health Services of Howard Count
Palo Alto County Hospital
Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa
Mercy Medical Center-New Hampton
24 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJon David Maher MD, 2375 Woodview Rd, Decorah, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jon Maher in this video.
Dr. Jon Maher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decorah, IA.