Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jon Smith
Dr. Jon Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salinas, CA, with another office in Salinas, CA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System and Pathology. He speaks English.
Dr. Jon Smith has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jon Smith has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Jon Smith has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jon Smith is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Smith has been taking care of me for years. I tried other doctors prior to finding Dr. Smith. I wouldnt be alive today if not for him. He has literally saved my life twice. He gathers the best of the best for my surgeries. I know what to expect prior to everything he does. He has pulled me out of the depths from depression often associated with chronic diseases. He takes a real interest in maintaining my disease and keeping me healthy. I couldnt ask for a more caring, knowledgeable doctor.
Dr. Smith is extremely personal, affable and easy to communicate with. I would highly recommend him to anyone having G.I. problems!
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
Mission Oaks Hospital
Salinas Valley Memorial Health Care District
48 Years Experience
University of Kansas
Graduated in 1965
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jon Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salinas, CA.