More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jon E Tyson has the following 2 specialties
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Jon E Tyson has the following 24 expertise
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD)
- Pregnancy in Diabetics
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hypophysectomy (Pituitary Gland Removal)
- Developmental Disorders
- Pituitary Dwarfism
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Dwarfism (Achondrogenesis)
- Premature Infants
- Female Infertility
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Lung Diseases
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Brain Hypoxia-Ischemia
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Fetal Growth Retardation
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Congenital Anomalies
- Fetal Diseases
- High-Risk Deliveries
50 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Regional Medical Center
Dr. Jon E Tyson Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Jon E Tyson's office for more information.
6431 Fannin St Houston, TX : (713) 500-5651
Locations & DirectionsUNIVERSITY OF TEXAS HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER, 6431 Fannin St, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jon E Tyson, MD - Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine in Houston, TX, in this video.
Dr. Jon E Tyson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Houston, TX.