Dr. Jon S Yamaguchi Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Jon S Yamaguchi?

He did a peritoneal catheter insertion on my mom but when it was time for my mom's dialysis, the nurse couldn't insert and pull out the fluid so they sent her home. My Mom's lower abdomen was in so much pain so we rushed her to the ER the following day. They x-rayed and did blood works on my Mom. They found out that her catheter was in the wrong position and she have an infection. Also after the surgery, he didn't changed the dressing and didn't instruct us what to do, when should we change the dressing, how often, etc. So we had to schedule another appointment.

Took me in very quickly due to the nature of the melanoma. Great staff.

Poor Communicator

Dr. Yamaguchi does not value patient education at all. I went in for a major abdominal surgery and was given NO information (in comparison, with a different surgeon but the same surgery, my sister was given a 10 page handout). When I asked questions he would only give me part of the answer rather than the whole thing. Go somewhere else if you value patient-centered care.