More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jon Y Yamamoto MD
Dr. Jon Y Yamamoto, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Jon Y Yamamoto has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
Dr. Jon Y Yamamoto has the following 4 expertise
- Premature Infants
- High-Risk Deliveries
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Congenital Anomalies
Dr. Jon Y Yamamoto is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jon Y Yamamoto - Posted on July 23rd, 2015
Saved my daughters life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jon Y Yamamoto - Posted on April 26th, 2013
Many years ago Dr. Yamamoto oversaw my preemie daughters road to wellness. She was transported from Cedars to his amazing facility. She weighed 2 pounds 4 ounces at birth and is now 15 years old, and in perfect health. I will always be grateful to him and his calm,wonderful approach to healing Respectfully, laurie /wright
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jon Y Yamamoto - Posted on December 9th, 2010
34 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Jon Y Yamamoto Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPROVIDENCE LITTLE CO OF MARY MEDICAL CENTER TORRAN, 4101 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA
Dr. Jon Y Yamamoto is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Torrance, CA.