Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonah D Shull has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Jonah D Shull has the following 13 expertise
- Substance Abuse
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Control
Dr. Jonah D Shull has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jonah D Shull is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
My child has been a patient of Dr. Shull for some time. His office is nice and his staff is cordial. However, I have found Dr. shull to be pretty unresponsive. He is kind to us during the appointments but he is difficult to get a hold of when it comes to prescription refills. Sometimes I will leave messages for him with his staff and even on his cell phone. But more often than not, he doesn't call back. I usually have to physically drive to his office to get any kind of response. This is unacceptable. Another doctor we worked with also mentioned that Dr. Shull had not been returning his phone calls, so I am guessing that this is pretty regular for Dr. Shull. We will be looking for a new doctor soon.
I am a new patient. I was able to get in the same day to see Dr. Shull. Dr. Shull was inquisitive and attentive. I feel that he has a general concern for my well being. We discussed different medication options in a respectful way. At no time did I feel like he was talking down to me (a problem I have experienced with various medical professionals).I look forward to working with the staff.
11 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 2007
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsADMHS, 300 N San Antonio Rd Bldg 3, Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. Jonah D Shull is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.