Have you seen Dr. Jonathan S Aranow?

He's the best!

Kindest and most experienced Doctor I have ever had!!!

The only surgeon I trust

What was your first impression of him? Confident in his abilities , he cares about his patients, he emphasizes his lifetime commitment to you, he emphasizes he will be your surgeon, you won't be operated on by residents or students. How did your impression change over time? He's lived up to all of my expectations, a lot of his patients consider him like family, I can see where that comes from. How would you describe his office staff? Friendly, Competent, Caring. What did you like least about him? Nothing What should future patient know about him? He will help you meet your goals in any way he can. How much does he enphasize aftercare? Aftercare is essential for success, the surgery is only a tool Does he have a structured aftercare program? There is Surgical follow up and there are post-op support groups available to you. How did he address the risks of surgery? He addresses the potential complications of the procedures then addresses the frequency or more specifically the lack thereof of his complication rates. How would you rate him overall? A+ Which is better, surgical competence, bedside manner, or are both great? I worked for many years as a Critical Care Registered Nurse. It's all about Surgical Competence to me. If I did not feel comfortable in his abilities, I would not have let him perform surgery on me. In his case, the beside manner was a side benefit.

Lacking in Bedside Manner

I truly feel Dr. Aranow is a good doctor, but he would be a great doctor if he actually stopped for a few minutes, got to know his patients better, and improved how he treats them. He is easily irritated and constantly in a hurry. I feel that much of this has to do with overbooking to make as much money as possible. The physician's assistant is very nice, as are the nurses, but they are pretty rude at the front desk. while I feel he is a good surgeon, it takes a lot more than precision skills to be a good Doctor. He is not there yet.

Sometimes you need to look further than a smiling face to see the true person who dwells there-in.

Thanks

Dr. Aranow is the only Dr. I would have do this surgery I have refered meny people friends and family to him.This surgery is not easy and living with it after, even with no complications, Thank God it's hard!!!! It however saved my life at 425 lbs it was just a matter of time. I have a hard time with vitamin and B12 anemea. I suggest take your vitamins your life depends on it. I had Bypass in 2003 I have lost about 120 lbs which isn't as much as some but everyone is different. I just started talking with my niece about lap band we shall see.

I have total confidence and I am very comfortable with Dr. Aranow. He is a very caring and knowledgable Doctor. I would not have had my surgery with any other Surgeon. He is also very honest and goes over everthing in great detail before surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Aranow to anyone who is looking into Bariatric surgery.

Dr. Jonathan S Aranow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Middletown, CT.

Dr. Jonathan S Aranow Is this you?