Dr. Jonathan Borden Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Borden?

Posted on June 28th, 2017

Dr. Borden is very intelligent, has a great bed side manner, caring. I would trust him with any surgery. He explains procedures well, makes you feel comfortable prior. His staff are WONDERFUL!

Posted on September 1st, 2015

Dr Borden did my back surgery recently. I haven't been this free of chronic agonizing, and often off the chart pain levels, in 30 years. I thank God for this man!

Posted on August 3rd, 2015

He is an outstanding Neurosurgeon.

Artificial facet joint

Posted on February 17th, 2015

I had bad spinal stenosis and couldn't walk. A good friend told me about a study he is doing of a joint replacement for the back. He offered and I had this done (Acadia study). Wow. I feel great. The staff, particularly nurses who help him with the study are terrific. He has a lot of experience and all was very smooth.

Great surgeon

Posted on October 20th, 2014

Great guy. Quickly told me what was wrong and then just as quickly fixed it. Put an artificial disc into my neck. The surgeon I saw at the university didn't know how to do this. Couldn't be happier.

Genious

Posted on September 7th, 2013

I was seen by a number of other surgeons. I went to Cleveland Clinic and Mayfield Clinic for evaluations. They told me nothing could be done about my incapacitating pain. I was using a walker and headed for a wheelchair. I couldn't work. Dr. Borden did the most complete evaluation anywhere. He is very scientific. Once the tests came back he was confident that a special surgery would help me (flexible fusion). He repaired my spine and disc using my own bone, special plastics and titanium anchors (TLF). It was a miracle. I was up walking the evening of surgery and home the next day. I am 95% better and back to work. I can still touch my toes. I can play soccer and baseball with my kids again. Thank you!!!

An incredibly talented surgeon.

Posted on June 29th, 2013

Dr. Borden gave me back a normal life. I have not been able to stand straight for at least 6 years. I was a patient of Mayfield for many years and finally when my legs were giving out on me and I could no longer walk or control my bladder I went to mayfield again. Dr. Saul told me they could not do anything for me because surgery was too dangerous as I was overweight. I went to see Dr. Borden he scheduled a TLIF and seemed confident in its outcome. After so many years of suffering I was able to stand up straight the same day as surgery. He may not talk a lot but if it is conversation you want join a "Coffee Klatch" and if it is a great surgeon who is as talented with his hands as he is with his brains make an appointment. His nursing staff is extremely knowledgeable and was very accessible to answer all of my questions post surgery.

Posted on March 22nd, 2013

Dr Borden did my surgery and he didn't even come to the hospital the day following the surgery! He sent a nurse. Too busy to follow up the day after surgery really.I have tried at ALL MY APPOINTMENTS to get him to EXPLAIN what's going on and help me understand why I still have pain. It is as if he is unable to speak! Seriously! After my surgery he wanted me to re-try the practices that didn't work before surgery. I.e. epidural injections etc. beware!

Three years after surgery and still no pain

Posted on April 23rd, 2011

What an excellent doctor. Back surgery and 6 weeks later I was back at the gym. Three years after surgery, I have no pain and never even think about my back. This is the man to see

Wonderful physician

Posted on August 10th, 2010

Extremely knowledgable and caring doctor. My husband was told by 4 other neurosurgeons in Cincinnati (including the University) that his spinal tumor was inoperable despite the fact that he was becoming paralyzed. Dr. Borden spent a great deal of time with us. Our only other option was to see a surgeon in Pheonix. The surgery was complicated but went very smoothly. He monitored the spinal cord electrically during surgery and used a microscope and laser to remove the tumor. Then he reconstructed the spine with special materials. The day after surgery my husband was walking. His nurses and physical therapists were great. He went home in 2 days. We were more than thrilled.

You Are Awesome !!

Posted on March 29th, 2010

actually reads mri films & not the reports. gets right to the point and lets you know what your options are and what to expect. is more than courteous and caring in his treatment and bedside manner. takes excellent care after surgery. you couldn't ask for a better surgeon !!

Go Doc!

Posted on March 13th, 2010

My back has never felt better.