Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan W Burress
Dr. Jonathan W Burress, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Bristol, TN, with other offices in Bristol, TN and Wytheville, VA (and 1 other location). He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Burress is affiliated with Bristol Regional Medical Center. Dr. Burress has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan W Burress has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jonathan W Burress has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
Dr. Jonathan W Burress has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jonathan W Burress is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I seen Dr Burgess, yesterday I was totally impressed with his knowledge and compassionate attitude he made me feel comfortable, and took my condition seriously, I would definitely recommend him, this is one fine dr
Dr. Burress has a great personality. My husband and I have both seen him for potential cardiac issues. He is very caring and kind. He listens and tries to prescribe the best course of action for you. My husband and I both really like his bedside manner. His office is also very good about getting back to you if there is a problem.
We accidentally connected with Dr. Burress when my husband was admitted to Bristol Hospital and what a God given day that was. He has been improving since the day Dr. Burress first took him on as a patient. If all Doctors had as much caring love and talent as Dr. Burress this world would have far less pain...God Bless him!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Burress is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Jonathan W Burress accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan W Burress in this video.
Dr. Jonathan W Burress is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bristol, TN.