Dr. Jonathan Grossmann Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Grossmann?

Excellent, Incisive, Empathic

Posted on April 28th, 2014

We are admittedly picky with whom we doctor, and especially with whom we have our children doctor. Dr. Grossmann has been our doctor for six years. He is an excellent clinician, not only retaining and applying a far-above-average level of knowledge and experience, but doing additional research for us on a visit by visit basis. His patient interviews, physical exams, and diagnostics are extremely patient and thorough, with a desire to understand the patient's condition and a desire to understand the patient himself that are equally impressive. He explains things not only thoroughly but with a view toward the patient being able to understand the condition and the treatment as well as possible--often repeating the information in a different way until it is clear that he is being understood. If Dr. Grossmann has a weakness it is that he is not directive enough. After giving all of the information and options, he does give a recommended procedure but leaves the question of how to proceed so much in the hands of the patient that I am afraid that another patient may not give enough weight to the value of his recommendation. Admittedly, this is a subjective complaint on my part, but if you doctor with him, don't let his understated manner contribute to disregarding his recommendations. There are a bevy of doctors at the clinic, and understandably, Dr. Grossmann is difficult to get in to see. But, we often wait several extra days or even weeks to see him rather than settle for one of the other (admittedly excellent) doctors who can see us sooner. At the time of writing, there is a review that I can only assume in which another physician has been mistaken for him, or (more likely) someone has used the anonymity of the internet to libel Dr. Grossmann. The incidents described are creatively written, but are so far out of character for Dr. Grossmann that no one who has ever worked with him or been a patient could possibly give that review credibility. I have marked that review by clicking the "report abuse" button, so hopefully it will be removed. But if it is still there, I hope that I have successfully warned you against it.

Posted on May 22nd, 2013

I've always had good experiences with Dr. Grossman. His bedside manner used to leave something to be desired, but has improved tremendously the last few years. He doesn't have a "god complex" like some physicians I've dealt with in the past and will honestly tell you if he doesn't know what's wrong and refer you to a specialist. He's always been open to my concerns and suggestions, even if he didn't necessarily agree with them.

Posted on April 23rd, 2015