Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan D Hobson MD
Dr. Jonathan D Hobson has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jonathan D Hobson has the following 17 expertise
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Unstable Angina
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Tricuspid Atresia
- Holter monitoring
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Block
- Ventricular Tachycardia
Dr. Jonathan D Hobson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan D Hobson - Posted on February 1st, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan D Hobson - Posted on October 24th, 2018
Dr. Hobson treated my mother for years and I had great confidence in his care. When I needed a cardiologist ... I knew who I wanted! He is honest and explains procedures and what the outcomes mean. I love his Nurse Practitioner, Christie, who specializes in cardiology, is such an asset to his practice and is a wealth of information as well as a wonderful person to talk to. Now my son has had to have tests from a cardiologist. Who do you think he went to? You are right! The best! Dr. Hobson!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan D Hobson - Posted on October 10th, 2018
I fired my previous cardiologist with cause.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan D Hobson - Posted on March 23rd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan D Hobson - Posted on November 4th, 2010
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Jonathan D Hobson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHEART AND VASCULAR INSTITUTE OF FLORIDA, 1840 Mease Dr Ste 200, Safety Harbor, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan D Hobson, MD - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Safety Harbor, FL, in this video.
Dr. Jonathan D Hobson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Safety Harbor, FL.