More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan S Huitink has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Jonathan S Huitink has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Jonathan S Huitink is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Huitink was the best, in our opinion, of 4 doctors that we interviewed. we liked that he was straight forward and not beat around the bush with his answers. Tell me what we need to do if something is wrong, don't suggest was our philosophy. He sits with you and answers all question, and plays with the kids to make them comfortable. I would highly recommend.
Dr.Huitink has excellent bedside manner, we chose him as our pediatrician because we were very impressed with the way he handled and treated our daughter in the hospital when she was born. That being said, around Christmas she started getting sick. We took her in, he said it was allergies, possibly sinuses, he did not give us any prescriptions. We returned 3 more times for the same thing, and still no prescriptions. He finally did a chest x-ray, and said she had pneumonia. He ran blood work, and said the pneumonia was viral, and did not give her antibotics. I asked about breathing treatments, she was having difficulty breathing, he did not check her oxygen levels and did not give her breathing treatments. I waited 3 more days and I thought my child was going to stop breathing, so I took her to another pediatrician, who immeaditley asked why I waited so long to bring her to the Dr. Her oxygen sats were @ 76%, she was put on antibiodics and breathing treatments. I feel like he is a good Dr, but could have done more, sooner.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Jonathan S Huitink accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jonathan S Huitink is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gallatin, TN.