Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan J Roberts Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I saw this "doctor" once and that was enough for me. He was given to me for my PCP, and it was horrible. All I needed was for him to care enough about me to give me a referral to see a Gastroenterologist, and he REFUSED! I had been having extreme abdominal pain, and I told him this, and he didn't even physically put his hands on my abdomen, so that I could show him where the pain was coming from. He displayed no bedside manner whatsoever, and flat out told me he wasn't going to give me a referral. I could not believe it! This all happened after I waited over 2 hours to see him. Yuck!
The doctor comes in at 10am and takes appointments at 9am and has you waiting there to see him for 3 hours. It takes several weeks to get a referal with you calling everyday several times a day. The staff actually asked me to call another office about sending them a referal to fax back. They are completely unproffesional.
27 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Jonathan J Roberts Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jonathan J Roberts Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.