Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jonathan J Juliano has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jonathan J Juliano has the following 8 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Jonathan J Juliano has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Juliano was supposed to work with Johns Hopkins orthopedics so that I would finally be cured of osteomyelitis (a serious bone disease that I contracted while a patient at Duke Orthopedics). In my experience, Juliano was incompetent to treat the disease and he abandoned me as a patient while I still had osteomyelitis. I almost died. I had to travel 1000 miles to get medical care. IMHO, Dr. Juliano is not a nice man (he will talk about patients behind their backs). This is especially of concern because Juliano works in the infectious disease clinic at UNC (where AIDS, HIV Hep C patients are treated). I don't trust him not to mock patients behind their backs.
17 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity North Carolina Campus Health Services, 320 Emergency Room Dr, Chapel Hill, NC
Dr. Jonathan J Juliano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chapel Hill, NC.