Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan A Krohn
Dr. Jonathan A Krohn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Setauket, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Krohn is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital. Dr. Krohn has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan A Krohn has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Infectious Disease
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I think Dr. krohn is a intelligent doctor but he misdiagnosed me. I came down with a severe case of pcp pnemonia due to immune suppresant drugs. If it wasnt for my niece who is a doctor ,I would not be here. my wife had to beg dr. krohn to put me on the right medication for pcp pnemonia. To add insult to injury,eastern infectious diseasse doctors do not take ANY insurance, and they stuck me with a 4400 dollar bill. Thanks Dr. Krohn!.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Krohn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Jonathan A Krohn accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEastern Infectious Disease Associates, 14 Technology Dr Ste 10, East Setauket, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan A Krohn in this video.
Dr. Jonathan A Krohn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.