Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan B Lauter MD
Dr. Jonathan B Lauter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Adolescent Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan B Lauter has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Jonathan B Lauter has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Control
Dr. Jonathan B Lauter is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan B Lauter - Posted on February 25th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan B Lauter - Posted on September 5th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan B Lauter - Posted on October 17th, 2009
Might not be alive
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan B Lauter - Posted on June 17th, 2009
37 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Jonathan B Lauter Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Jonathan B Lauter's office for more information.
240 Central Park S New York, NY : (212) 397-3851
Locations & DirectionsMARY ELLEN ELLEN HECHT MD, 240 Central Park S, New York, NY
Dr. Jonathan B Lauter is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.