Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan E Markson
Dr. Jonathan E Markson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Markson is affiliated with Highland Hospital of Rochester and Golisano Childrens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan E Markson has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Memory Disorders
Showing 4 of 4
It was uncomfortable for me to be waiting in the ER for a long time just to get my diagnoses and the staffs of this MD were sort of rude and secretive. I told my family my experience at Strong and they were angry at the MD and his staffs lack of care for me. Because of this I will no longer go to strong ER until I hear of a replacement on this MD and his staffs or a reprimandment on this MD and his staffs. I'm sure I won't be the first or last to address this.
Dr. Markson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1986
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Jonathan E Markson accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStrong Memorial Hospital, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan E Markson in this video.
Dr. Jonathan E Markson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.