Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan R Mcdonagh has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. McDonagh cared for me when my regular doctor went on vacation. I liked him immediately. He was very kind and made me feel at ease right away. He is not intimidated by a patient's knowledge or questions, as some other doctors seem to be! And he doesn't just "glance over" your charts and go "hmmmm" - he actually READS them! I am very happy with his care of me!
17 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Jonathan R Mcdonagh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlaska Heart Institute Llc, 3841 Piper St Ste T100, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan R Mcdonagh in this video.
Dr. Jonathan R Mcdonagh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.