Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan Merkle
Dr. Jonathan Merkle, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbiana, AL, with another office in Montevallo, AL. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Merkle is affiliated with Brookwood Medical Center, Shelby Baptist Emergency Department and D C H Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan Merkle has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jonathan Merkle has the following 2 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jonathan Merkle has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jonathan Merkle is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
My heart was racing at 141 bpm when the nurse checked, and Iaskked for a refill of propanolol, as I've taken it before for pvc's and tachycardia. I have autonomic dysreflexia and have literally been in tears recently over how bad I've felt and how hard my heart is overworking. He absolutely refused to prescribe it, even though I've taken it before and KNOW that it helps me dramatically. It's hard to sleep or focus when it feels like your heart is beating out of your chest for little reason. I absolutely do not recommend seeing Dr. Merkle.
The only doctor I have ever known who examined me, prescribed meds, then discharged me....without telling me what the diagnosis was. (I went back in and the receptionist told me I had bronchitis.) After a 40 minute wait, Dr. M. was in and out muy pronto. The attending nurse was as friendly and informative as a zombie. I am looking for another GP.
Dr. Merkle is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brookwood Medical Center
Shelby Baptist Emergency Department
D C H Regional Medical Center
17 Years Experience
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Graduated in 1996
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jonathan Merkle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbiana, AL.