Dr. Jonathan Moldover Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Moldover?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Patient

Posted on June 10th, 2014

He treats you until he finds the right spot for you to get pain relief. He has been successful with me for about 8 years.

A Godsend

Posted on October 20th, 2010

Now this is what all doctor's should strive for. Prompt, courteous, compassionate and calming. Finally helped me after 4 other doctors' couldn't. Not only eliminated the pain but also the source. A Godsend !

My Pathway from full-time Agony & Return to a Productive Life

Posted on August 8th, 2010

Before finding Dr. Moldover in the Summer of 2006, I had suffered chronic pain beginning in 1987 with an automobile pileup on CA Route 101 caused by a trucker's falling asleep at the wheel. As a result, I was left with most of my right rib cage broken as well as narrowly missing serious eye damage by a fraction of an inch. I was treated at UCLA Medical Center and released after about a month. The accident coincided with the end of the tradional practice of tying rib fractures together, which had been thought to aid healing, but was discovered to be a leading cause of pneumonia among rib-fracture patients. Upon returning to my home in NYC, I was still in enough pain to impede my walking and participating in even the most basic personal tasks,and was totally incapable of any sort of sus- tained effort in my chosen career. At first, my internist felt pity for me and prescribed Dilaudid, Demerol and other strong narcotic pain medication, but ultimately he suddenly cut me off out of fear as the DEA and local authorities began to clamp down on prescription drug abuse (even for legitimate purposes) throughout NY State in the late 1980s and '90s. Now I had 2 problems-severe and chronic pain accompanied by habituation to opiates. I briefly tried accupuncture and various forms of physical manipulation by chiropractors and orthopedists to no avail, and soon was seeking out the increasingly few doctors in the area who would supply me with the drugs I knew would relieve my discomfort. Eventually, I found one on the Upper East Side of Manhattan who, after examining me thoroughly and taking X-Rays, prescribed Oxycodone in large doses as well as morphine for "breakthrough" pain. This continued for 3 years until he was arrested, jailed, and eventually deported back to Hungary in the late 1990s. The next few years consisted of what many people now look at as "doctor shopping," all the while weaning myself off the stronger pain meds because no one would give me anything stronger than Vicodin ES or Norcos, despite the level of my pain, which was greatly exacerbated by several freakish accidents in which I broke more ribs, some on the left side (including so-called "non-union fractures" which never healed and continued to float around my insides) as well as re-fracturing some on the right. By this time, I had also been diagnosed with severe rheumatoid arthritis of the back. Finally, I complained to a pharmacist friend of 35 years standing and he sent me to his own internist, who in turn sent me almost immediately to Dr. Moldover. I expected that he ran the typical pain clinic with mostly Medicaid patients (some only addicts or drug dealers)who spent their whole day just waiting to be seen, but I was pleasantly surprised if not a bit shocked. This was no clinic at all, but an office where Dr. Moldover listened attentively to every word of my story with sympathy and understanding. After a thorough exam and the taking of X-Rays as well as an MRI, we began regular sessions. Ever since, he has gone out of his way to work with me as a patient in need of healing rather than some odd over-the-hill junkie looking for a quick fix. We tried several medications, experimenting repeatedly with some success until Christmas 2007, when for the last time, I fractured 3 ribs and broke my upper back falling out of bed, ending up witn one last trip to the hospital. After my release, we resumed treatment and for the last year have hit upon a chemical formula which gives me more mobility than I have had in years and has allowed my return to the work I have loved all my life. He is unfailingly kind and always has time for me and other patients I have seen in his waiting room. Though we began with appts. every other week, I am now strong enough to come once every other month as long as I stay on my meds. For 19 years, I thought I might never function as a whole person again, but over the last four have gradually learned that a full life is possible again, and Dr. Moldover's help, understanding manner and seemingly infinite patience with me have played a vital part in my recovery from the life of physical and mental torment I had experienced since the accident back in '87. I can't recommend him highly enough.----A Satisfied Patient

Posted on September 20th, 2017