Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan O Nwanagu has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Jonathan O Nwanagu has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
Dr. Jonathan O Nwanagu has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jonathan O Nwanagu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
My visits went so well but the only concerns is he do not take medicaid for circumcision on a newborn baby boy under your coverage but I went in labor at 12 something noon at work got to the emergency room at 3 something in the afternoon they advised me I needed to contact my Dr. so he can check me now this is when I'm in labor so they wheel me to Nwanagu who was on the other side of the hospital... I than had to wait like 20 minutes to go in the room having to wait like 10 minutes more so when he got in I was having a contraction so I told him to wait until it was over which he did... Checked my cervix and said I was definitely in labor so they wheeled be back to the emergency room got in my room telling them he was coming the contractions was so bad and I felt so much pressure the whole time all this was taking place I kept saying my contractions was bad... So I got in the bed looking while they preparing for delivery informing them yelling to hurry with my epidural I couldn't take it.... The nurse advised me I will need to wait on her to do my iv and I will need to get a bag filled I told her he will not hold off for that so I yelled I feel pressure she than called Nwanagu do to him not telling them how much I dilated when he checked me so he answered and he told them I was 6cm at the time which all this took place 20 minutes after he checked me... That nurse check my cervix I was 10cm I started yelling he's coming I pushed and pushed she said no I said I cannot help it so much pressure they called Nwanagu and told him I was fully dilated and pushing he came rushing over there by the time he got there he told me to push literally 2 big push my baby was born... It was the worse birth ever not having no meds gosh the nurses was not able to do any my iv or anything do to the quick labor but they took care of me afterwards I can say......
Very pleased with my first 2 visits with Dr. Nwanagu. I was extremely nervous for my first appointment (and you could tell by my high blood pressure that day) since I have been to so many gyn doctors in the past. I've read a few reviews that talk about his poor bedside manner and that is definitely not what I have experienced. He is extremely attentive and caring. One thing to keep in mind is that he is a doctor and he's been doing this long enough to know what's he's talking about. As long as you respect his expertise, I don't know why anyone would not be pleased and make this their final choice for a Gyn doctor. I'm very happy with him.
Dr. Jonathan O Nwanagu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSpectrum Lab Network, 2719 Middleburg Dr Ste 105, Columbia, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan O Nwanagu in this video.
Dr. Jonathan O Nwanagu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.