Dr. Jonathan O Nwanagu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan O Nwanagu?

Good up until birth

My visits went so well but the only concerns is he do not take medicaid for circumcision on a newborn baby boy under your coverage but I went in labor at 12 something noon at work got to the emergency room at 3 something in the afternoon they advised me I needed to contact my Dr. so he can check me now this is when I'm in labor so they wheel me to Nwanagu who was on the other side of the hospital... I than had to wait like 20 minutes to go in the room having to wait like 10 minutes more so when he got in I was having a contraction so I told him to wait until it was over which he did... Checked my cervix and said I was definitely in labor so they wheeled be back to the emergency room got in my room telling them he was coming the contractions was so bad and I felt so much pressure the whole time all this was taking place I kept saying my contractions was bad... So I got in the bed looking while they preparing for delivery informing them yelling to hurry with my epidural I couldn't take it.... The nurse advised me I will need to wait on her to do my iv and I will need to get a bag filled I told her he will not hold off for that so I yelled I feel pressure she than called Nwanagu do to him not telling them how much I dilated when he checked me so he answered and he told them I was 6cm at the time which all this took place 20 minutes after he checked me... That nurse check my cervix I was 10cm I started yelling he's coming I pushed and pushed she said no I said I cannot help it so much pressure they called Nwanagu and told him I was fully dilated and pushing he came rushing over there by the time he got there he told me to push literally 2 big push my baby was born... It was the worse birth ever not having no meds gosh the nurses was not able to do any my iv or anything do to the quick labor but they took care of me afterwards I can say......

Very professional and bedside manner puts you at ease. Staff members are outstanding.

Excellent Doctor!

Dr. Nwanagu is an excellent doctor. And his staff are very nice and caring.

Couldn't be happier...

Very pleased with my first 2 visits with Dr. Nwanagu. I was extremely nervous for my first appointment (and you could tell by my high blood pressure that day) since I have been to so many gyn doctors in the past. I've read a few reviews that talk about his poor bedside manner and that is definitely not what I have experienced. He is extremely attentive and caring. One thing to keep in mind is that he is a doctor and he's been doing this long enough to know what's he's talking about. As long as you respect his expertise, I don't know why anyone would not be pleased and make this their final choice for a Gyn doctor. I'm very happy with him.

Excellent!

This is the best doctor ever!! He always make sure to take time to talk and explain things to you. He always make you feel at ease and when I had my procedure, he did an excellent job! ! Keep up the good work!!

Waiting for Hours

First of all, you're at the his office for hours. I would come to an appointment at 9:15am and wasn't called back until 10:30am. Then I would have to wait another 15-30mins to actually be seen. The new office is very small and he is the only patient AND on call doctor. For example, one time I was at an appointment and one of his patients went into labor. He stopped all appointments and went to the hospital, which is understandable if there is another doctor! Not only that, NO ONE apologized about their lateness; not even the Dr. Nwanagu himself. Time and promptness was not the only issue. All I'm saying is if your pregnant, you don't want to sit in an office hours at a time for an appointment. Also, if he is the only doctor you will be left many times at the doctors office when a patient goes into labor, after already waiting hours just to see him. Conclusively, I did change to a different ob/gyn.

After giving birth under his care for the 24-48 hr time period, I was told that I'd be returning home the morning thereater. However, the nurse informed me that I would be released that night at 10PM! Imagine that--- leaving the hospital in the middle of the night with a brand new baby in the cold night air. I was furious because by the time we were discharged, it was 12am! To add insult to injury, no one on staff escorted us out of the building.

AWESOME OBGYN

DR. NWANAGU IS AN AWESOME OBGYN. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY BAD EXPERIENCES YET WITH HIM OR HIS STAFFING. HE NOT ONLY TOOK CARE OF ME WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY DAUGHTER BUT WILL NOW BE TAKING CARE OF ME WITH THIS PREGNANCY. I AM 6 WEEKS TO BE EXACT TODAY. I WOULD NOT TRADE DR. NWANAGU FOR THE WORLD. I HAVE HEARD BAD EXPERIENCES WITH THIS CLINIC HOWEVER I AM NOT ONE WHO HAS HAD THAT EXPERIENCE YET AND DONT THINK I WILL EVER HAVE ONE WITH HIM OR HIS STAFFING. IM LOVING THE NEW OFFICE AS WELL.

Dr. Jonathan O Nwanagu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.