Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan M Perwien Jr
Dr. Jonathan M Perwien Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Coral Springs, FL. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Perwien is affiliated with Coral Springs Medical Center. Dr. Perwien has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan M Perwien Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jonathan M Perwien Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Jonathan M Perwien Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 41
You be the judge. After 20 plus years with a doctor in Coral Springs and not one complaint my family physician retired and I needed to find another. I was recommended to Dr. Perwien. I scheduled my annual physical and went into fill out request for records from previous doctor 2 weeks prior to the physical. I had my physical and there were no previous records received. When I was waiting in the smaller waiting room ,with the door open, a conversation was going on with a staff member/assistant and patient on the phone. The patient needed to have some test done at a different location and was asking for directions and insurance questions. The staff member quite agitated answered few of the questions and responded after hanging up '' I aint no f...........insurance agent" Her co worker commiserated with her for the next minute before coming into the exam room.Lab work was done on the 6/2 Tuesday and I received a message Wednesday morning . I called back Wednesday afternoon and left a message . The office is closed on Wednesday afternoon but they say they call back in a 24 hour time period. No call back Thursday I call Thursday afternoon. No call back Friday. Today is Wednesday I get a call with results one week later. When I ask questions about family records I am told they might have mailed them to check. Adios
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Perwien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Jonathan M Perwien Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDouglas H Neimand Md, 8190 Royal Palm Blvd Ste 100, Coral Springs, FL
Dr. Jonathan M Perwien Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coral Springs, FL.