- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathon B Posthumus MD
Dr. Jonathon B Posthumus, MD is a doctor primarily located in Stafford, VA, with other offices in Charlottesville, VA and Stafford, VA( and 2 other locations). They have 12 years of experience. Their specialties include Allergy & Immunology.
Dr. Jonathon B Posthumus has 4 locations
Dr. Jonathon B Posthumus has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Jonathon B Posthumus has the following 10 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever
12 Years Experience
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Jonathon B Posthumus Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Jonathon B Posthumus
My wife and I are originally from northern New Jersey and moved to Virginia in 2007, and we recently welcomed a baby girl into our family. Our unusual last name is common in the Netherlands, and my ancestors like many other Dutch immigrants, originally settled in the Hudson River Valley. My passion for allergy and immunology began during my medical training as I grappled with my usual symptoms of itchy, watery eyes and severe nasal congestion keeping me from enjoying the outdoors. Also afflicted with asthma since an early age, my firsthand experiences have helped to augment my medical education allowing me to provide comprehensive, compassionate care to people who suffer from similar ailments. Communication is essential in determining an individualized treatment plan, and I pride myself on being a good listener. I am able to provide superior allergy and immunology care by understanding my patients’ concerns and using that information to focus testing and implement the most effective treatment plan aimed at relieving symptoms. Since coming to Virginia for my medical training, my wife and I decided to settle in the Commonwealth. Fredericksburg’s proximity to the beaches, mountains, and numerous metropolitan regions makes it an ideal location for enthusiasts of the outdoors, culture, and history of which I belong. As a member of the community, I promise to commit myself to allow my patients to enjoy everything this great state has to offer.