Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan L Raanan
Dr. Jonathan L Raanan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Setauket, NY. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Raanan is affiliated with Peconic Bay Medical Center. Dr. Raanan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan L Raanan has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Jonathan L Raanan has the following 10 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Surgery Recovery
- Sports Medicine
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Nerve Damage
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. Jonathan L Raanan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jonathan L Raanan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Firstly, Dr. Raanan is a caring compassionate doctor. He makes me feel that he genuinely cares about my well being and is trying to help. I waited 20-30 minutes to be seen. When I was seen everything was explained to me and I was given instructions to go home with. When I had my injection I felt that it had been explained to me and I knew what to expect (and it helped). I can't speak for others but I was glad that I was able to see the doctor before my injection so I could be part of the decision making process. Thank you Dr. Raanan for making me feel better.
Dr raanan is a wonderful doctor, but the clinical assistant Michelle that works for him is a nightmare. She is rude and not very helpful. She does not give him messages. You know this because you call with a problem and he never calls you back. Michelle will give you the next available appointment which could be 8-10 weeks away. Someone needs to remind her she is NOT A NURSE.!! I am a nurse and work for doctors in stony brook and if a patient calls with a problem we ask the doctor if they can be added on THAT DAY
Thought he was great. Shots in lower back lasted 3-4 yrs. Going back soon.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Raanan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Jonathan L Raanan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNew York Spine And Brain Surgery, 24 Research Way Ste 200, East Setauket, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan L Raanan in this video.
Dr. Jonathan L Raanan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.