Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan Raiman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jonathan Raiman has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 39
I've been with Dr. Raiman for over 10 years, but after my visit today I asked for my chart and told the staff I was changing doctors. I have severe lower back pain a couple of times a year for a few days, and neck pain occasionally. I called a month ago for a refill on my 30 semi-annual Norco and he said "No", that I need to come in for a physical. I came in and got checked out. I complained about neck pain and he said it was "aging" and probably arthritis, without even touching my neck or asking any questions. I complained about a shoulder issue and he told me to go see a shoulder doctor, again without even touching me. I asked for a refill on my Norco for my neck (after a year without it) and he told me to go see a pain management doctor, that he doesn't prescribe narcotics. Just what DOES he do? On another note, on my last physical he asked me to get a chest X-Ray and a bone density. I never heard from him regarding the results. He simply doesn't care. I wouldn't waste my time with this provider.
I found Dr. Raiman by sheer luck. I had a medical emergency and I didn't have a regular physician at the time. I called his office and he saw me the same day. That was in 2005. I was so impressed with his competence that he became my primary care doctor.Over the years I have always found him to be thorough, patient and knowledgeable. When I asked his advice about a new drug or treatment he always gave me an honest well informed opinion and erred on the side of caution. He has consistently shown good judgement and guidance and has always been right in his recommendations, whether it be for a vaccine or referral to a specialist. He has justifiably earned my complete trust and confidence.There are many doctors who are kind and caring but trust is the most important quality a great doctor can instill in a patient. Dr. Raiman is a great doctor. I can always rely on him to provide optimal medical care.I have referred everyone I care for to Dr. Raiman including my son and they all have the same high regard for him.
Dr. Raiman is an outstanding doctor who cares about his patients and goes the extra mile for them. I have never met any medical professional who was so good at what they do, and also such a decent human being as well. He is a rarity and anyone who is his patient is really lucky. He saves lives and increases the quality of everyday living as well.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Jonathan Raiman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEncino Place Medical Group, 16101 Ventura Blvd Ste 340, Encino, CA
Dr. Jonathan Raiman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encino, CA.