Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan S Weiss has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jonathan S Weiss has the following 14 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Jonathan S Weiss has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 42
Very polite soft spoken Man.Never had a problem with Doctor Weiss. He has always listened and made the proper medical decisions in conjunction with me, and we have always been at a mutual understanding with the medication combinations/dosages.
I have been wondering what other people's opinions were regarding Dr. Weiss. When meeting with him he is very kind and does take a lot of notes but visits are breif and sometimes I feel he just wants enough info to know what to prescribe. There isnt always a pill that will fix some problems. As for calling the office for assistance or information....very frustrating. They never answer the phone or return calls. My husband needs a script for his refill every month and it is an extremely painful process. He will call a day or two ahead of time and leave messages and request a return call yet they never have it ready and it always involves waiting for the Dr. to be in between appointments.
My son's therapist sent us to Dr. Weiss for prescriptions for ADD. Dr. Weiss met us for 15 minutes and gave my son a script for Adderall. In subsequent visits I expressed concern that my underage son was drinking alcohol and taking medication. Dr. Weiss' response was quite inappropriate. First, he referred to me as "Mom" and then went on to say in front of my minor aged son that drinking and taking Adderall was not a problem and that "Mom" didn't understand what my son was going through. Dr. Weiss spent a total of 30 minutes with my son and somehow he felt he understood him better than I did. Once my son was 21 and had his own insurance I had no say over who he sought for medical help. I would not recommend this man to anyone let alone parents seeking help for their adolescent. Yes, he was a wall full of fancy degrees but he is arrogant and I don't believe he practices medicine with the patient in mind. I think his goal is to be the patient's "friend" especially with young adults. And yes, he collects $135 for 15 minutes of conversation. If you need a prescription for medication seek someone else than this man especially when you are dealing with young children. And if you do go to him trust you own judgement as far as what you think is good for your own child. A wall full of diplomas is no substitute for the knowledge you as a parent have of your child and prescribing drugs is not a substitute for good therapy of which Dr. Weiss offers little if any. He is a doctor with a pen and script pad in hand. Keep that in mind
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Jonathan S Weiss accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Locations & DirectionsJonathan Samuel Weiss Md, 555 Turnpike St Ste 53, North Andover, MA
Dr. Jonathan S Weiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Andover, MA.