Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan S Scharfstein
Dr. Jonathan S Scharfstein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Scharfstein is affiliated with University Of Cincinnati Medical Center, University Hospital Geauga Medical Center and Uh Cleveland Medical Center. Dr. Scharfstein has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan S Scharfstein has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jonathan S Scharfstein has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Jonathan S Scharfstein has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Patient, responsive, personable and professional. Great staff, too.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Scharfstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Jonathan S Scharfstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Associates Cleveland, 6801 Mayfield Rd Ste 444, Cleveland, OH
Dr. Jonathan S Scharfstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.