Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd MD
Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hartford, CT, with other offices in Bloomfield, CT and Agawam, MA . He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd has 3 locations
114 Woodland St
Hartford, CT 06105
580 Cottage Grove Rd Ste 205
Bloomfield, CT 06002
Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd has the following 3 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd has the following 12 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 4 of 4
RN Clinical Improvement Specialist Patient Support Services UPMC
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd - Posted on September 8th, 2015
Dr. Shepherd rushed through my appointment. He did not offer explanation of in office testing. He did not answer questions directly. He was not concerned whatsoever in my choice of shared decision making. He dismissed my concerns. Very disappointing evaluation and treatment. None of Dr. Shepherd's staff introduced themselves nor did they wear nametags-not check in, not rooming MA #1, nor rooming MA #2 nor check out staff. When attempting to schedule 2 month follow up appt., clerical staff stated she was only able to schedule for one site, patient must call if wishing to make an appointment for any other site. A community urine collection receptacle was being used by all patients in the restroom. I can only imagine if it was even rinsed between patients. The staff created duplicative assesment of rooming questions and failed to utilize eclinical intake completed in advance on the My UPMC portal by me.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd - Posted on May 6th, 2015
started seeing Dr. Shepherd after former urogyn left state. at my last appointment I voiced my fears on self-cathing forever and his answer was we can always put a tube into your abdomen. unacceptable to me. changed hospitals and physicians and had stimulator revision done and no longer have to self-cath
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd - Posted on February 18th, 2013
Dr, Shepherd was very thorough. He had a resident with him, who he was training and was very informative to both the resident and me about what was going on during the exam. I appreciated his calm thorough demeanor and his explanations while doing the exam. He gave me good suggestions and alternatives!
Dr, Shepherd shows that he really care for his patients
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd - Posted on October 16th, 2012
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
15 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jonathan P Shepherd is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hartford, CT.