Dr. Jonathan Sowell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Sowell?

Posted on November 7th, 2017

My 13 yr old daughter, who has FSHD muscular dystrophy, had an appointment with Dr. Sowell, he was great with her! Very nice and professional, she found it easy to relax around him, she loved talking to him about different books she has read and some he recommended. He was very thorough with her exam and put me at ease on some issues associated with her condition. Highly recommend seeing Dr. Sowell for an ophthalmologist!!!

as rude as can be!

Posted on August 9th, 2017

I went to Dr.Sowell because I had another Dr ask me to have something checked. Dr.Sowell came in and started pointing lights at me without telling me what he was doing at all. At one point he moved a bright light really close to my eye and because I did not have any instruction I flinched. After this he pushed the machine away, made a face at me, and started typing on his computer. He wrote that I could not cooperate. When I asked what that was about he ignored me, so i asked again. When he finally answered he said he could not get a read on the pressure behind my eyes because i wouldnt sit still. When i told him that i dont typically sit still when people jam bright lights in my eyes without telling me what they are doing, he rolled his eyes at me and said fine, we will try it again. Once he gave instruction it was quite easy. The nursed that worked with him were quite rude as well. One named Emily, huffed at me several times when i simply asked if it was safe for me to drive home after having my eyes dialated. I asked several questions and as we were leaving my friend heard her make a few comments under her breath. I will not be back to this Dr. and do not recommend that anyone does.

Posted on March 16th, 2017