More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan B Starr has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. Jonathan B Starr has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Jonathan B Starr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jonathan B Starr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Starr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1996
Tufts Medical Center
Dr. Jonathan B Starr accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
Locations & DirectionsWestwood Mansfield Pediatric Associates, 541 High St, Westwood, MA
Dr. Jonathan B Starr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westwood, MA.