Dr. Jonathan Teitelbaum Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan Teitelbaum?

Posted on May 10th, 2017

Not a good gastrologist,thinks your child is imagining his symptoms.

Past patient

Posted on January 20th, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Teitelbaum's for several years (until I was old enough that I had to switch). He diagnosed me with UC immediately, after another doctor had somehow missed it, despite performing a sigmoidoscopy. For the last couple years I have seen several different doctors after moving and trying to settle on a new one, and this has helped me appreciate how easy it was to work with Dr. Teitelbaum. Whenever I was sick, he would call me and talk to me as long as needed-he would always call again to follow up. I'm lucky if I can get a 5 minute conversation at the office with my current doctor! I will also add the Dr. T. is conservative with the meds he prescribes, avoiding the harsher drugs unless they're the only option.

Posted on August 27th, 2015

I took my son to this Dr many years ago when he was 7, complaining of severe pain in the middle of his stomach. His comment was that no one gets pain right in the middle of their stomach and implied that it was all in his head. Unfortunately back then there were no pediatric gastro Drs in the area. Unfortunately this went on until my son was in his teens when I found another dr who was able to diagnose my son . A friend of mine brought her daughter to him and had a similar experience. I would not recommend this Dr to anyone. If ur child is sick take them to Robert Wood Hospital in New Brunswick.

Wonderful, caring doctor

Posted on February 21st, 2014

Dr. Titelbaum is a wonderful caring doctor. He takes the time to speak with the child and the parent. He is very thorough. I highly recommend him. Because he is so in demand it can take a while to get an appointment, in my opinion (Unless it is an emergency, of course) it is worth the wait.

Misdiagnosed

Posted on October 5th, 2012

Ignored obvious diagnosis via biopsy because he thought my son's condition was too rare. Brought my child to CHOP and was diagnosed with the same condition which Dr. Teitalbaum said was too rare for my child to have. My son has been doing much better since he has been under CHOP's care.

Posted on July 31st, 2012

He is VERY WELL EDUCATED and willing to do more research about your symptoms along with your previous health history. He is not quick to give medication or testing but once he thinks he knows every he needs to know about you he will gradually increase (testing/meds)

Posted on May 29th, 2012

Posted on November 10th, 2010

I felt he did nothing for my daughter. She is having stomach issues for long time. He is just there to talk and get the money from insurance. Sorry to say this but I feel it is a waste of my time!

Not worth the time

Posted on July 21st, 2010

This doctor has no opinion oregarding my son's problem. He said lets try this and see if it works if you want to do that. As a doctor, he should know what to try and not ask us, the patient, for an answer. I do understand that some results take trial and error, but he should use HIS best guess as a doctor, not ours as a patient.

On Of The Best!