Dr. Jonathan L Tobkes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jonathan L Tobkes?

Kind, knowledgeable, listens well, responsive, great.

Dr. Tobkes is bright and so caring. He is responsive and he makes sure that he is well informed before every appointment. He will reach out to other doctors to get their input. I could not be more grateful to the help that Dr. Tobkes has given to my son. I recommend him highly!

Fantastic, caring, knowledgeable and responsive

I can't imagine being in better hands!

Could not be a more thoughtless, irresponsible, or wrecklace person practicing medicine

Great doctor

Dr. Tobkes is amazing. He is attentive, responsive, nonjudgmental, and totally on top of the most recent literature and research about medications. I am a very complicated patient (even I can admit that!) and he has been able to figure out the right medication regimen for me - when no other psychiatrist has been able to do so. I trust him completely and I feel that I owe my (now good) mental health entirely to him. So thankful.

got basic facts wrong about the case concerning family traits that may have been inherited

Inconsistent. Sometimes arrogant. Sometimes appropriate. Sometimes distracted. Sometimes rushed. Sometimes business like. Sometimes personable.

Best dr

Absolute best

I have been seeing Dr. Tobkes for three years. He is brilliant, attentive, kind, and I just feel so lucky to have him as my doctor. He really is amazing. Best doc I have ever had.

Great doctor for my child!

Dr. Tobkes has the trust of our daughter & has diligently worked on several issues to help our daughter with attention & school issues. When time was of the essence and he acted immediately. He listens to our concerns and reaches out on his own time to communicate with teachers and anyone we believe he can get any insight into our daughters needs. He is very thoughtful and listens more than he speaks, but his comments and suggestions are right on. I think it takes special insight to work with children and send a clear consistent message to help them conduct their developing selves as the individual that they are.

Arrogant, Incompetent, Uncaring Shrink

Dr. Tobkes is a physician filled with self importance. He can be charming at first but don't be fooled. He doesn't care about his patients. Not genuine. Seems to do the bare minimum to get through visits. Overcharges for his services (I am happy to pay for a well trained physician who is more interested in helping me than collecting my money or texting or looking around the room [?computer]). Greedy. Not as intelligent as he promotes himself to be. Sad. Avoid this psychiatrist. There are many others in NYC who can and will be willing to give you the help that you deserve while genuinely caring.

Refreshing approach

I started seeing Dr. Tobkes upon referral from my therapist. I had seen many psychiatrists before and always felt that they were just handing out scripts. Dr. Tobkes really gets to know me as a person, asks many questions about what is going on currently as well as what has happened in the past, family history, social history, medical history....he is very thorough and I always feel that he is doing an excellent job caring for me with my meds because he looks at the whole picture. He also speaks with my therapists between sessions o hear this angle as well. I think he just provides superb care to med patients (can't comment on strictly therapy patients because I am in a split-treatment)

QRS

Dr. Tobkes was referred to me by a highly experienced and respected psychiatrist in Manhattan who was treating a family member. I was very surprised at the arrogance (can be subtle at times) and misinformation given to us by Dr. Tobkes reagarding our adolescent. He was rushing and did not seem to be paying attention. Not recommended and I don't plan on going back.