- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jonathan S Treisman has the following 4 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
Dr. Jonathan S Treisman has the following 12 expertise
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Blood Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Dr. Jonathan S Treisman is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 18
He is always late. ALWAYS. I once waited an hour and a half past my appointment time just to see him. He didn't listen to me once during my exam, instead he spent his entire time staring at his computer (presumably because he was running so late he didn't have time to glance at my history beforehand). His staff is incompetent especially his finance department. I would not recommend going to see him. There are better and easier options for medical care out there.
34 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Jonathan S Treisman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMEDICAL CONSULTANTS, 7410 W Rawson Ave, Franklin, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan S Treisman, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Franklin, WI, in this video.
Dr. Jonathan S Treisman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Franklin, WI.