Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan W Zimmerman
Dr. Jonathan W Zimmerman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dearborn, MI. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Zimmerman is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn, Oakwood Campus. Dr. Zimmerman has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan W Zimmerman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
DR Zimmerman was the worst doctor I ever met. Rude. Didn't even read or check my history or ask. I had been through major surgery caught MRSA and had cervical fusion. Removed because of the Infection and posterior fusion. Went to the hospital 3 times from pain and side effects of antibiotics through my picc line for MRSA and all he cares about was my pain medicine. And why I was taking pain medicine. Never asked history. Really do we want to be on meds I was sent here my insurance company by a nurse from my insurance. NO COMPASSION. DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT THE INCISIONS. WHAT A CLOWN SHOW. THATS WHY I WILL NEVER USE ANY OAKWOOD DOCTORS YOU PUT YOUR LIFE IN THEIR HANDS. PRETTY SCARRY. SENDS CHILLS UP MY SPINE.
I have been seeing Dr. Zimmerman for over 5 years and have been very impressed with his knowledge and bedside manner. He is a great listener, has a calming manner and does not just dispense meds willy nilly. I feel confident that when I have a question I will get an answer that is thoughtful and knowlegeable. The only "complaint" would be the length of time waiting to see him. I have learned to bring a book. I have no problem with him taking whatever time he needs when seeing other patients because I know he will take the appropriate time with me, too.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2015, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2013, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Zimmerman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 2001
University Of Michigan
Dr. Jonathan W Zimmerman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNijuanna Pertresh Irby-Johnson Md, 4700 Schaefer Rd Ste 240, Dearborn, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan W Zimmerman in this video.
Dr. Jonathan W Zimmerman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dearborn, MI.