Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joni S Canby has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 106
I've visited canbys office for both of my pregnancies. The first ended in a quick miscarraige so i only had to visit for one appointment. Therefore i didnt have any opinions on the office, other than i was upset that i asked to schedule my appointments with the doctor and they put me with a nurse without telling me. I went back for my second pregnancy. Each appointment I walked in, the front desk receptionists were extremely rude and made me feel like a nuisance and unwelcome. There were only a couple appointments that I didn't have to wait over an hour passed my appointment time to get called back. I requested appointments with the doctor again but each time I was again sent to see the nurse. The ultrasound tech was extremely rude to my boyfriend and I and was not happy to answer any questions, instead she made us feel dumb. Not to mention the whole team was always in a hurry to get us in and out. I recieved no special attention or care that I thought I should considering I had already miscarried prior to this pregnancy. I had one ultrasound at 7 weeks and they weren't going to do another until 20 weeks. I requested a sooner ultrasound and learned that I had miscarried again. I wasn't given any details or direction on where to go from there on how to figure out why this keeps happening. They sent me on my way with a simple "better luck next time" attitude.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Canby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Joni S Canby accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProgressive Womens Care, 7600 Southern Blvd Ste 1, Youngstown, OH
Dr. Joni S Canby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Youngstown, OH.