Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jordan M Povich has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 14
Always had openings when I needed something checked promptly. Stays up to date on relevant developments in medicine and is happy to answer any questions clearly. Good bedside manner, very easygoing person. Receptive to new information and also more attentive than previous doctors I've had. He actually listens when a patient is communicating with him. Only real complaint is that he never knocks before entering the room, although that started to happen after being his patient for a few years, so he may have just become comfortable with me over time. I'm pretty sure that I once overheard him gossiping with his nurses about me outside of the room I was being seen in. I didn't appreciate it but I've only heard one instance of that. Also, he takes his time when speaking to patients so I've never minded waiting 15 to be seen by him.
I thought his care was horrible and detrimental to doctors everywhere and patients everywhere! How does a pathetic 2 star hospital even keep a 4 star doctor? Anyway You can tell he's a stooge by his stupid pony tail and his sandals. I suspect most of his success is due to being a second generation Doctor. He violated my trust and the doctor patient relationship and has had nothing but a negative affect on my life going forward. So when he tells you I don't know what I'm doing and makes a referral, and he will. just take it as a sign that you don't have the right doctor and you can save some money by finding someone who can. His staff was lazy, unprofessional, and poor and really not deserving as a hospital of there 2 whole stars
9 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2009
Dr. Jordan M Povich accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthern Michigan Hospital, 416 Connable Ave, Petoskey, MI
Dr. Jordan M Povich is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Petoskey, MI.