Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jorge Alonso
Dr. Jorge Alonso, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mobile, AL, with another office in Mobile, AL. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Alonso is affiliated with USA Medical Center, USA Children's & Women's Hospital and J.L. Bedsole Rotary Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Alonso has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jorge Alonso has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Jorge Alonso has the following 10 expertise
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Closed Fractures
- Femoral Fractures
- Fracture Fixation
- Heterotopic Ossification
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Ununited Fractures
Showing 5 of 13
Dr Alonso repaired what he could with a leg that was shattered in a motorcycle accident. When pain persisted and he realized he may be over his depth he admitted that and referred me to a joint specialist who finished repairing my knee. I appreciate his honesty in admitting he had done what he could and referring me to someone who, in the end, got me up and walking again.
He is a COLD HEARTED PATCH doctor. He is a patch doctor that tells you up front that you WILL need more surgery in the future. If it wasn't for the Statue of Limitations he would have been sued for malpractice many times, by many emergency trauma patient victims. Dr. Alonso offered me the option of amputation of my entire leg due to his inability to repair his own mistakes. It has been 13 years since he told me I would be back to wok in 3 to 4 months. I am still having problems and have had numerous doctors refuse to do surgery or even attempt to correct the rediculous butchering of my hip and pelvic fracture. I would not recommend Dr. Jorge Alonso to do surgery on my pet garden snake. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID AND USE JORGE ALONSO WITH UAB HOSPITAL IN BIRMINGHAM , ALABAMA. He will ruin your life.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Alonso is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
USA Medical Center
USA Children's & Women's Hospital
J.L. Bedsole Rotary Rehabilitation Hospital
Mobile Infirmary Medical Center
UAB Medical Center
38 Years Experience
Universidad De Salamanca
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jorge Alonso in this video.
Dr. Jorge Alonso is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.