Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jorge L Alsina MD
Dr. Jorge L Alsina has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Jorge L Alsina has the following 7 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Jorge L Alsina is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Awesome beyond words
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jorge L Alsina - Posted on March 13th, 2019
Dr. Also a was my pediatrician, my brothers and now my two kids. He is remarkable in every aspect, the way he treats the children, the way he explains everything clearly and easy to understand to parents, he is straight forward, and he is an amazing human being. We have had to go to other doctors due to our insurance and my daughter always makes me take her to him afterwards because he is her “good doctor.”
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jorge L Alsina - Posted on June 15th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jorge L Alsina - Posted on April 12th, 2011
THE BEST KID DOCTOR AROUND
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jorge L Alsina - Posted on August 28th, 2010
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2015, 2018, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2017, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Alsina is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Dr. Jorge L Alsina Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Jorge L Alsina
American Board of Pediatrics Medical School Univ Autonoma De Centro America San Jose Costa Rica 2/7/1992 Residency Dr. Ramon Ruiz Arnau University Hospital Bayamon PR 7/1/1998 6/30/2001
Locations & DirectionsJORGE L ALSINA MD, 4999 W 8th Ave Ste 26, Hialeah, FL
Dr. Jorge L Alsina is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hialeah, FL.